Thursday 3 January 2008

Money is money, and dead people is dead people

A week and a half ago I had a very funny dream, featuring a machinegun and a mall. Surprisingly, the following day's evening my computer's power supply unit kicked the bucket. Coincidence? I think so.

My computer's PSU had been dying for a long time, probably screwing my computer components' lifespan. In fact, that PSU's death was the longest and most painful (if it was able to feel pain) I have ever witnessed (not that I have witnessed many deaths, or even any at all... when I got there, they were already dead and in a wooden box, or in a furnace!), only second to the life of some guy I bet 1 euro he'd commit suicide by 38 in a dead pool.
Yes, I bet in dead pools.

Death is a funny, glorified thing, and I've got the right to make a profit, even if it's only 1 euro, which thanks to inflation shouldn't be enough to pay me a beer by the time I win it. Bastards.


Many people feel that betting on someone's death is a show of bad taste, because people are supposed to deal with death in a solemn, sanctimonious way. Most of these people are women, because they have "feelings", whatever that thing is, then there are some men who agree because they want to fall in the good graces of ladies nearby (in order to get laid, I suppose, I know some scummy people who would kill their mother and be sad about it to get laid, the desperate bastards), and then there are some idiots who are eager to get killed in gruesome ways for some silly abstract idea and they probably think it isn't cool to risk their asses for money if they don't get everyone's attention and admiration and then some, and they expect to be treated "with due reverence and respect" (sic), whatever that is. A stiff is a stiff, and I don't think it'll turn into gold ingots if you put it into a furnace... oh, wait, I unconsciously made one of those WWII jokes everyone frowns upon.


If death hadn't all that glorified bullshit aura and all that mistique around it, less stupid people would die in amusing ways and we wouldn't have the Darwin Awards for stupid people who succeed in removing themselves from the gene pool, like that poor bastard who wanted to disassemble rocket-propelled grenades with a hammer to sell the scrap metal. I'd rather risk being busted for illegal sale of weapons. Beats being dead any day of the week.

By the way, I was only kidding about that women's feelings thingy up there. There are times when you should be sad because of a death. That would be when a dog dies. Dogs are some of the coolest people around, and they have very short lifespans, which is a real shame. Also, when someone you know and you appreciate meets an untimely death in an unfunny fashion. I mean, if someone I knew died of a heart attack while fucking a hen I'd probably end up rolling on the floor laughing upon hearing the sad story of his demise.

1 comment:

aaa said...

JAJAJAJA!!! xD I remember your hard disk and your kick repairment xD
And your CD-ROM unit and the "hit extraction" xD